Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

This is a preemptive celebration of our mothers. Mother's Day may be on Sunday, but it's Friday night and I feel like celebrating NOW! So here I am and there they are...there's Cheryl, my future mother-in-law on the left, and Delia, my very own madre. Sometimes it feels like Mother's Day simply doesn't cut it. After all, how do you say thank you to women who literally carried you for nine months and then after hours of grueling pain, pushed you into the world? Then, after that, they look at this little thing placed in their arms and fall immediately in love. And then of course there's all the other stuff, you know, like years and years of unconditional giving and support and love. No, Mother's Day just doesn't seem to cut it. It is a day to say thank you, however, and this is my thank you. Thank you, Cheryl, for sharing your son with me. He truly is the most amazing man I have EVER met and the apple does not fall far from the tree. Thank you for welcoming me into your family and for your unwavering generosity. I am looking forward to all the years to come. Thank you, mom, for being my best friend, my confidante,  and my number one cheerleader. I know I have not always been easy, but you have never given up on me, and for that I will forever be grateful. You are truly my hero and I only hope I can be the mother and the friend you have been to my own children. Happy Mother's Day, Cheryl and Mom! I love you both!

No comments: