Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our new nephew!!!

This is Wyatt Franklin Smith, the newest addition to our extended family, and we are sooooooo excited! He came into this world on August 22, stretching 21 inches and weighing 8 pounds and 11 ounces. Needless to say, I think Tiffany and Gavin - but especially Tiffany :) - were extremely relieved to have him out here, in the "real world." I, for one, couldn't have been more pleased that Mr. Wyatt chose to make his grand entrance before school starts AND on a weekend so that we could actually make the trip over the mountains to meet him. Yes, he has earned MAJOR brownie points with me and given me even more reason to spoil him endlessly.


So, Trevor, the new grandma Cheryl, and I hopped in the car yesterday morning to meet the not-so-little man and of course, immediately fell in love. He is beautiful and very vocal, which I can appreciate. One should never underestimate the importance of communication, and let me tell you, Wyatt is a communicator... only when he has reason to be, which makes him even that much more perfect. As you can  tell, Uncle Trevor is already quite smitten.


So welcome, Wyatt, to the world. We look forward to watching you become YOU and we promise to be executive members of your personal fan club. We love you tons!!!


2 comments:

babybuddhalover said...

CUTE BABY!!!! Congrats Auntie Gonzo and Uncle Trev!

Melanie said...

My goodness, he looks like a 3 month old! You can see the wisdom in his beautiful cheeks and brow! Congratulations to the whole family. Lots of love