Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Conversations with Teens

I am sure it goes without saying that I like teenagers. I do, I really do. As a matter of fact, I have always found it interesting that when I meet people for the first time and they ask me what I do, often times these people react with dismay.

Not me. I like 'em. I really do.

And last night only proved to me that teenagers are very, very funny.

Case in point:

Conversation #1:
Ariel: Mrs. Smith, does your flower need to be watered?
Mrs. Smith: Actually, it does.
Ariel: Can I water your flower?
Karla: That's dirty, Ariel.
Ariel: I mean, can I water that flower? (points at the flower)
Mrs. Smith: I think I am going to throw up.

Conversation #2:
Shelley: I really want to take a picture of my golf clubs.
Karla: Huh? Why?
Shelley: I think it would make a cool picture. One of my clubs has a big head on it.
Karla: (giggles)
Shelley: It's a big head that's black and you can see your reflection in it.
Karla and Mrs. Smith make eye contact...conversation ends in an uproar of laughter.

Yes, I know. Teenagers have dirty minds. This is exactly why I think they are so funny.

And then this happened:

http:www.youtube.com/user/traintrakka

They scared the living daylights out of me. And, of course, they made me laugh my butt off.

Funny, indeed.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh my Oh my Oh my!!!! Those dirty little birdies. It is nice to see that I am not the only one who doesn't crack under the 'dirty-mind-pressures'.

I can't view the video and it is driving me CRAZY!!!