Sunday, April 29, 2012

Double-Digits

Yesterday my baby turned double-digits. My Noah is officially 10-months-old, which means that he has now been on the outside longer than he was on the inside, and I for one, think that calls for a celebration. Exactly six days ago, he spouted his first tooth, which was promptly followed by the second the very next day. The two little bottom toothers show a little more each day, relieving all of my fears that we would be spending thousands on teeth implants (I am not even sure if that's real) in the next few years. I was convinced my little man would be toothless, but alas, the universe has once again proven that I am just a little bit paranoid and my children will do things and grow things and be things when they damn well please. Our No-No adores his brother, is unbelievably independent, and is so, so, so, so happy, all of the time. Just a week ago I found him sitting in a pile of his own puke, happy as a clam. And as gross as that story is, he really is so so so happy most all of the time. He entertains himself by throwing a ball and chasing it all around the house and he loves chewing on rocks, big and small. The small ones are kinda scary. Just sayin'. He has also taken up boogying on the dance floor along side his brother and partakes in his very own version of clapping, which kind of looks like a seal on display at the zoo, and is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. He crawls, he climbs, and he even stands by himself for a few seconds at a time. And I'm pretty sure he says "mama," which melts my heart into a million tiny pieces. In just 10 months time, this little boy has fallen right in line with all things Smith, and it's hard to imagine there ever was a time without him. Just like his brother who came before him, he is love and joy personified, and together, they hold the whole of our hearts in the palms of their hands. This is what they mean when they say that time flies when you're having fun...

No comments: