Friday, November 1, 2013

Transitions

 
It's November. And I have a knack for stating the obvious.
 
I do not know where time is going. I do know that we spend an awful lot of time in October on all things pumpkins and pumpkin patches and pumpkin donuts and pumpkin patch field trips and pumpkin craving and, of course, some good ol' fashioned tick-or-treating.
 
























 






 
I love the fall. I love the switch to cooler mornings and crisper evenings. I love the greens turning to reds and yellows and oranges. I love the routine found at school with students finally settling in.
Those who know me best, however, would be able to verfiy with certainty that I do not, however, in general, love change. Transitioning is not my strong suit.
 
But fall. Fall I can do.
 
And I know I am biased, but my children are delicious. Delicious and hysterical and bouncing off the walls and so much freaking fun. I love them with every square millimeter of my body.
 
Speaking of tranisitions, the one growing inside me is a funny little bugger. I have decided I am naming him/her Ralph Macchio. 'Cause he/she is the next karate kid.
 
And yes, I said him/her. And he/she.
 
You think you're confused???
 
I realize I made a little announcement that looked a little something like this:
 

Well, let's just say a little trip to the Emergency Room for a little dehydration that came as the result of a little stomach flu resulted in a little ultrasound. And that little ultrasound resulted in a little conversation that went like this:
 
Doctor: Do you know what you are having?
Me: I think a boy!
Doctor: I wouldn't bet on that.
Me: What did you just say?
Doctor: I can't officially say anything, but do you see the thighs there?
Me: Yes.
Doctor: Well, there's "nothing" there. Make of it what you will.

Did I mention I don't do transitions well? Yeah, the Universe is a funny, funny Beast.

And yet, life is good and I know this, with all that I am.

I  love the fall, I love my babies, and I love Ralph Macchio.

The end.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Bella Mente said...

Oh my goodnesss!! How exciting!! I told you it was going to be a girl! I am anxious to see!! but you are so right, your children are absolutely adorable!! LOOVE the pumpkin guts pictures- so precious!