Monday, June 9, 2008

Stop and smell the roses


We grew these in our very own front yard. Before I take too much credit, let me make it very clear that we had absolutely nothing to do with it. The rose bush was here when Trevor bought the place. Furthermore, we have literally done nothing to aid in its growth, besides an occassional pruning. And yet, the roses are amazingly beautiful both in sight and smell. They greet me every morning as I pull out of the driveway to go to work and every afternoon as I pull into the driveway to come home. Perhaps some of life's most beautiful offerings have little to do with what we can do, but rather have much to do with simply what already is.




2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a wonderful sentiment for you and for Trevor! Remember all the wonderful moments of the next few weeks.

babybuddhalover said...

This is nice. I like your point.