Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Big 4-0!

Forty years ago today, my sister came into this world with a bang! Actually, I'm not really sure if there was a bang or not, but I do know that nine years later, when I came into the world, I was welcomed with open arms by her and have pretty much been held there ever since. It's sort of like my sister was a pre-emptive birthday present for me, and I've never stopped appreciating her. Lisa, you have always been more than you ever needed to be. Your unconditional love, your unwavering support, your grace and integrity and strength and perseverance have not been lost on me. I love you more than words can say, and on this day I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! May your next 40 (and then the next 40 after that), be as fruitful as the first (Yes, I said fruitful). I love you!!!

No comments: