Monday, August 3, 2009

Cat Attack

Let me tell you a little story about a man who believes that cats and dogs should be submissive to human beings. This is a man who has rightfully earned the title of "Pack Leader" in our home and who clearly has much more authority over the animals who live in this home than I do. When Trevor says "no" to Powder, Moo, Norah, or Olive, they actually listen, which let's just say is a skill I am still working on.

But yesterday, after helping our friends move ALL DAY LONG, Trevor learned a very important lessons about cats who aren't ready to move and who certainly aren't going to let you make them ready to move.

Take a look at the proof:




Chippy Sky Cloud - our friends' lovely but socially disturbed cat -  let Trevor know last night who was boss. When he came running into the house with his hands cupped tightly to stop the blood from dripping, I thought for sure he had lost a finger to a saw. Luckily, after much dousing with hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol, I was able to stop hyperventilating, then run to get the camera and snap a few priceless photos. 

Priceless, you ask? 

Yes, priceless, because my husband has never stopped giving my grief for letting our animals "walk all over me." Funny, funny.

Needless to say Chippy did not move last night. She stayed one more night in her very own castle while Trevor smothered Neosporin all over his many lacerations.

Final Score: Chippy 1, Trevor 0




1 comment:

Melanie said...

oh the Chip-a-nator is tempermental! How will the Chipster get into a crate I wonder? Will there be hot dogs involved?