Monday, April 14, 2008

Ode to Dianna

I have been accused of being "mushy" by my darling sister-in-law. She's right there, the blonde one stuffing her face while my brother looks at me as if taking a picture is the MOST ridiculous act on the planet. Aren't they endearing? Well, Dianna, this one's for you! Let me remind you that "mushy" runs in the family. Have you met your husband, the mushy-mushiest person on the whole planet? Well, let me introduce you to him. His name is David, and he remembers the EXACT moment he saw you for the first time. He also told me once that every time he kisses you, it is like the first time. Nope, I'm not joking. He said it. And, I'm pretty sure he calls you "baby" and "lover," and stares longingly into your green eyes ALL THE TIME. My point is, it's not my fault I'm mushy. It's genetic. Some people like to call it being Cuban, but we know how you Americans are. :) So, yes, I'm mushy and David's mushy, and my mom is mushy...I'm not so sure my sister's mushy, but that's besides the point. I am sooooooo mushy I have no problem saying this - you are truly the BEST sister-in-law in the whole world and in marrying you, my brother truly gave me one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given...YOU!!! How's that for mushy? :)

No comments: