Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our Beginning

So, this is us. That's Trevor, and the other one is, of course, me. And as we count down the days to our official start (70 days to be exact), I thought perhaps the best wedding gift we could give ourselves is a journal of sorts, and here we are. This is our story...


Our story began almost 15 months ago, and like most good romances, is full of cliches. Yes, we are THAT couple who met on Match. com and we are THAT couple who knew pretty much immediately that this was it. Okay, okay ... maybe I knew a little bit sooner than he did, or maybe I was just willing to say it a little bit sooner than he was, but the point is, here we are.  

The beginning of our relationship was quite a whirlwind, full of road trips, family, friends, and some really good food. Good food just happens to be one of the perks of dating a man who loves to cook, and there are nooooooooooo complaints here.

Seven months into the relationship, while hanging out on the couch one evening, Trevor casually says, "So, what do you think about getting married next summer?" I reply, "I think that would be good." I know. Very romantic. So, we took the diamond my grandfather gave my grandmother back in Cuba, which was given to me by my mother, and made it into a ring. Then we set a date, made whole bunches of plans, sent out whole bunches of invitations, and are patiently awaiting the arrival of June 21.

Most importantly, though, we continue to fall in love everyday, and as he lays here on the couch next to me, snoring through his nose, I have never been more sure of anything in my life. Yep, this is it. This is what "they" have been talking about all this time, and I can't wait to see what the future brings, or perhaps more accurately, what we choose to bring to the future. 

I love this man, and this man loves me. I think we're off to a good start.




1 comment:

Melanie said...

Beautiful! I mean B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L! What a lovely start:)