Sunday, May 3, 2009

Corn on the Freakin' Cob!!!

Do not dwell on the fact that I look hideous in this picture. Instead, please take note of the corn that lies in front of my face. This corn was purchased for $2 at the Cinco de Mayo fesitivites this weekend and if I may, I would like to state that this was the best $2 I have spent in a long time. In fact, prior to this corn, I never imagined that $2 could purchase my own little taste of heaven, but oh, it did. This corn was boiled in a large pot of water in its husk. It was then de-husked, stabbed with a stick, lathered in butter, rolled in Mexican cotija cheese, and placed in my hand. My hand then shoved the corn into my mouth, at which point the skies opened up and the angels sang. In short, this corn made my day and I cannot stop thinking about it. All I can say is, this summer I am going to channel my inner-Mexican and there will be much corn slathered in butter and cheese and then subsequently consumed. Who would like to join me?


4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the cheese smudge on your cheek!! So, when are you making this for me?

D's Mix said...

I can believe that you are still thinking about it, because when we were on vacation, the best thing I ate the whole trip was some corn on the cob that I have no idea what was on it, but it was beyond delicious. Count me in and Rae. She is always up for food slathered in butter.

Dianna said...

I would really like some of that corn!

PRP said...

I'm in. What time should I show up?