This past weekend we headed to Roslyn (what's up 'Northern Exposure'!) to meet up with my sister, her husband, my niece, and my mom at a rented cabin. This is what I learned:
1) When it comes to family, neutral territory is a good thing.
2) Fries dipped in mashed potatoes and gravy and Baked Cheddar Lays dipped in Melanie's mom's homemade mustard are TO DIE FOR.
3) When you lay in grass by a river, ticks will find you but you won't know it until...
4) ...the Croatian man at the town's only gift shop shouts "Don't move!" so he can remove the tick that is crawling on your sister's chest. No joke.
5) Hot tubs not filled with water do not work.
6) Swinging on swings never stops being fun.
7) Wading in lakes is usually made possible by uncles who don't mind getting dirty.
9) Sword fights with sticks can inspire fantastic imaginings of Water Wizards. Just ask Ana. She'll tell you all about it.