Monday, May 25, 2009

Reunited, And It Feels So Good!!!

A little less than a year ago, as Trevor and I embarked on our honeymoon in Greece, we had no inkling of the friendships we would begin to forge with a group of Tenneseeans who happened to be on the same Grecian tour. For both Trevor and I, this group became our saving grace as the vast majority of the people on the tour turned out to be old, grumpy, cantakerous complainers. This weekend, Candace and Kelly -two of the initial group of six - flew out to Seattle to experience the Pacific Northwest, and let me just say for the record, we had the BEST time. We went to a Mariners' game, walked for hours around the city, and drove to Anacortes to catch the ferry to experience the San Juan Islands. Best of all, we laughed for hours (literally), we ate an enourmous amount of food (literally), and we engaged in inspiring conversations on an array of topics (most of which shall remain nameless).

While we left Greece last July hoping to keep in touch, this weekend proved you truly can make friends wherever you go. Here is to the start of a beautiful friendship...










1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh my! That fish face was so gross, yet I found myself going scrolling back to it over and over again. I think his face should be my next birthday card!

I have said this before, and I will say it again, you wrote the book on friendship. It is evident in the depth of your connections with so many people. I am not surprised in the least that you made friends around the world.

I am so glad you had a much needed and well deserved good time.